It all started when...
On 1st April, 1834 after a meeting of the Vault Committee in the old Ballylinney graveyard a further meeting took place to initiate proposals to establish the first Presbyterian Meeting house in the Parish of Ballylinney. It was agreed to "petition" Thomas Greg of Ballymenoch for half an acre of ground then in the possession of William Ross. Mr Greg granted the land free of rent or charge of any kind with £10 subscription.
The foundation stone was laid on 6th May, 1835 by James Owens of Holestone. Inside the foundation stone was placed a bottle containing coins of the realm, a copy of the Belfast Almanack Newsletter, Minutes of the Synod of Ulster 1834 and a paper with the names of the Congregational Committee. The Meeting House was opened on 11th September 1836 by the Rev Dr Henry Cooke of May Street, Belfast. Seating was installed the following year.
1840 Ballylinney placed in Carrickfergus Presbytery
1842 First Elders ordained
1883 Manse built on Hillhead Road
1923 First organ installed in Church
1956 Electric heating and lighting installed
1961 Land purchased for car park
1966 Stables converted to enlarge the hall, kitchen and provide toilets
1977 New Hall opened named after Rev. C.F. Young
1997 New suite of halls opened adjoining the C.F. Young Hall and on the site of the old halls.
2000 A Millennium Wood established.
Rev. Isaac Adams 1837 - 1880
Rev. James Foster Williams 1881 - 1899
Rev. Hugh Craig Meeke 1899 - 1904
Rev. John Kyle 1905 - 1911
Rev. Wilson Moreland Kennedy 1912 - 1921
Rev. Ernest McConnell 1921 - 1958
Rev. Charles Frances Young 1959 - 1982
Rev. Robert Vallely 1983 - 2009
Rev. Emerson McDowell 2010-present